Why join the Swauk-Teanaway Grange?
The Grange emphasizes strengthening rural Washingtonians through cooperative grassroots efforts. With a collective voice through the Grange, rural and urban residents receive the strong, respected voice they deserve.
We are an active group of friendly, community oriented folks. We sponsor a scholarship to a graduating high school senior, raise funds for projects like the Community Christmas Baskets in conjunction with the UKC Senior Center, and hold a variety of events, including private hall rentals for weddings, receptions, meetings and more. Plenty of volunteer opportunities!
7 GREAT Reasons to Join:
- PEOPLE – By working together in a team spirit, recognizing leadership abilities and encouraging individual talent.
- COMMUNITY – By planning activities and projects which benefit the entire community and enhance community pride.
- STATE – By encouraging “grassroots” action and leadership in response to public issues.
Fun Events all Year!
- Scholarship Fundraiser Dinner
- Spring Bazaar & Bake Sale
- Hunter’s Breakfast
- Country Christmas Bazaar
- Community Christmas Dinner
- Live Music & Dancing
- Hosting Community Forums
- Blanket Primary: Established by the Grange in 1934 and preserved with Grange I-872, which was recently upheld by the U.S.
- Supreme Court: We’ve fought to protect our right to vote for the person, not the party.
- Telecommunications: Advancing telecommunications in the rural areas of Washington. Working with the Gates Foundation to provide free public Internet access at 20 sites throughout our rural areas.
- Family Farm Water Act: Fighting to secure water rights for small-scale farmers and ranchers.