Why join the Swauk-Teanaway Grange?
The Grange emphasizes strengthening rural Washingtonians through cooperative grassroots efforts. With a collective voice through the Grange, rural and urban residents receive the strong, respected voice they deserve.
We are an active group of friendly, community oriented folks. We sponsor a scholarship to a graduating high school senior, raise funds for projects like the Community Christmas Baskets in conjunction with the UKC Senior Center, and hold a variety of events, including private hall rentals for weddings, receptions, meetings and more. Plenty of volunteer opportunities!
Learn more about us on our “About Us” and Facebook pages. Then Come Join Us!
7 GREAT Reasons to Join:
- PEOPLE – By working together in a team spirit, recognizing leadership abilities and encouraging individual talent.
- COMMUNITY – By planning activities and projects which benefit the entire community and enhance community pride.
- STATE – By encouraging “grassroots” action and leadership in response to public issues.
Fun Events all Year!
- Scholarship Fundraiser Dinner
- Spring Bazaar & Bake Sale
- Hunter’s Breakfast
- Country Christmas Bazaar
- Community Christmas Dinner
- Live Music & Dancing
- Hosting Community Forums
- Blanket Primary: Established by the Grange in 1934 and preserved with Grange I-872, which was recently upheld by the U.S.
- Supreme Court: We’ve fought to protect our right to vote for the person, not the party.
- Telecommunications: Advancing telecommunications in the rural areas of Washington. Working with the Gates Foundation to provide free public Internet access at 20 sites throughout our rural areas.
- Family Farm Water Act: Fighting to secure water rights for small-scale farmers and ranchers.