2015 Recipients: Marguerite Barker, Julia Wickerath and Rachele Barker.
Eligibility & Application
- The Swauk-Teanaway Grange will award $1,000 in scholarship money in 2017. To be eligible, you must be a high school senior graduating in Kittitas County. Our points of consideration are:
- An agricultural background or history of participation in agricultural activities or plans to pursue a career in an agriculture-related field. Examples are 4-H and Future Farmers of America (FFA).
- Community and school involvement, including leadership experience and awards received.
- Grade point average–to be verified with transcript.
- If you are in Running Start, Cornerstone, or College in the Classroom, include your CWU transcript.
Preference will be given to applicants with Grange membership or whose family members have a history of Grange membership. If possible, please provide documentation with your application.
Where Are They Now? Updates from Past Scholarship Recipients:
2009: Travis Matthews, the 2009 Ellensburg High School graduate was chosen to receive our $1,000 Scholarship Award, became a member of our Grange in July. Travis, whose family live in Thorp and who have a long history of Grange members, earned a John Deere Technology Degree at Walla Walla Community College and graduated from Washington State University in 2014. We are proud to count Travis as a member of our Grange and wish him well in his new job!
2017 Scholarship Applications now being accepted
Complete all sections of the application. Forms must be received by our committee no later than March 17, 2017. These include your application form, letter, and transcript. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Finalists may be interviewed before a final selection of the winner is made. Please do not submit a resume instead of filling in all sections of the application form.
When complete, mail Application Materials To:Swauk-Teanaway Grange Scholarship Committee
c/o Sally Gililand, Chair of Committee
PO Box 813
South Cle Elum, WA 98943-0813