2014 Recipients: Molly Slothower and Julia Bramstedt, both graduates of Ellensburg High School
Who will be next? Apply Now!
Eligibility & Application
The Swauk-Teanaway Grange will award $1,000 in scholarship money in 2014. To be eligible, you must be a high school senior graduating in Kittitas County. Our points of consideration are:
- An agricultural background or history of participation in agricultural activities or plans to pursue a career in an ag-related field.
- History of Grange membership by applicants, family members or guardians. If possible, please provide documentation with your application.
- Community and school involvement.
- Grade point average–to be verified with transcript.
- If Running Start student, include CWU transcript.
2009: Travis Matthews, the 2009 Ellensburg High School graduate was chosen to receive our $1,000 Scholarship Award, became a member of our Grange in July. Travis, whose family live in Thorp and who have a long history of Grange members, is currently pursuing a John Deere Technology Degree at Walla Walla Community College. We are proud to count Travis as a member of our Grange and wish him well in his studies!
2014 Scholarship Applications now being accepted
Complete all sections of the application. Forms must be received by our committee no later than March 15, 2014. These include your application form, letter, and transcript. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Finalists may be interviewed before a final selection of the winner is made. Please do not submit a resume instead of filling in all sections of the application form.
When complete, mail Application Materials To:Swauk-Teanaway Grange Scholarship Committee
c/o Sally Gililand, Chair of Committee
PO Box 813
South Cle Elum, WA 98943-0813