2014 Recipients: Molly Slothower and Julia Bramstedt, both graduates of Ellensburg High School
Who will be next? Apply Now!
Eligibility & Application
- The Swauk-Teanaway Grange will award $1,000 in scholarship money in 2015. To be eligible, you must be a high school senior graduating in Kittitas County. Our points of consideration are:
- An agricultural background or history of participation in agricultural activities or plans to pursue a career in an ag-related field.
- Community and school involvement.
- Grade point average–to be verified with transcript.
- If Running Start student, include CWU transcript.
Applicants with a history of Grange membership will receive credit for that membership, whether it is their own membership or that of family members or guardians. If possible, please provide documentation with your application.
Where Are They Now? Updates from Past Scholarship Recipients:
2009: Travis Matthews, the 2009 Ellensburg High School graduate was chosen to receive our $1,000 Scholarship Award, became a member of our Grange in July. Travis, whose family live in Thorp and who have a long history of Grange members, earned a John Deere Technology Degree at Walla Walla Community College and graduated from Washington State University in 2014. We are proud to count Travis as a member of our Grange and wish him well in his new job!
2015 Scholarship Applications now being accepted
Complete all sections of the application. Forms must be received by our committee no later than March 16, 2015. These include your application form, letter, and transcript. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Finalists may be interviewed before a final selection of the winner is made. Please do not submit a resume instead of filling in all sections of the application form.
When complete, mail Application Materials To:Swauk-Teanaway Grange Scholarship Committee
c/o Sally Gililand, Chair of Committee
PO Box 813
South Cle Elum, WA 98943-0813